For those who are continuing from the Advanced Diploma or who enter into the course with advanced standing, the Graduate Certificate of Christian Ministry and Theology continues and extends their skills development in greater depth further continuing to enhance their faith in and understanding of God’s word and will equipping the pastor towards a richer ministry. For those continuing from the Advanced Diploma, the units are studied at greater depth, and detail with a greater emphasis on ministry skills development and research.
The course can be completed in one year as a Distance Education study program; the time frame is a guide only depending on the student's capacity and the circumstances for study.
The Graduate Certificate of Christian Ministry and Theology is designed for those in senior roles of ministry and builds on their skills developed from the Advanced Diploma. Issues are studied at a greater depth bringing fascinating insights into the learning processes,
Enrollees must hold an Advanced Diploma of Christian Ministry and Theology or equivalent in a similar field of study or a Bachelor of Theology from an accredited institution.
The Graduate Certificate of Christian Ministry and Theology is a pre-requisite for those who wish to advance to the Graduate Diploma in Christian Ministry and Theology or who wish to study at an advanced level with Vision International University USA or the Texas University of Theology USA or another university.
Who is This Program suited to?
- Are involved in ministry at a pastoral level;
- Desire to enter formal ministerial or Christian work;
- Need to meet denominational qualifications and study requirements;
- Wish to continue into deeper levels of study so as to serve christ and the church better;
- Are seeking personal growth and development in christ;
- Wish to go on to the Graduate Diploma of Christian Ministry and Theology.
Graduate Certificate in Christian Ministry and Theology Subjects
The Theology subjects continue to develop a sound understanding and depth of knowledge in the word of God for Christian life in their ability to serve the Lord Jesus Christ.
The elective subjects are appropriate for someone involved in ministry at a senior pastoral level with independent responsibility for decision making.
The student will complete the following unit −
- 3 Units of Biblical Theology, identified as “CMT” units.
- 2 Practical Ministry Skills units.
VIC has nominated subjects to satisfy the “CMT” units and the Practical Ministry Skills units. However, students may request an alternative subject provided they meet the requirements of the unit. The decision of the Principal on the substitution request is final.
Biblical Theology Subjects
Students will be required to purchase study books to complete the course from a wide range of options.
Elective Practical Units
There are two options to complete the elective units
- Through our “Online Training Portal”. The portal provides the student with an interactive and comprehensive learning and training sections. Various assignments are presented which are designed to teach and determine competency in the units required. Detailed instructions and access are provided to students by VIC as they enter into the unit. A preview of the Vision Colleges Training Portal can be seen in the Student User Guide
- If a student cannot access the internet or is uncomfortable with online learning, the same unit is available by mail in hard copy as a workbook with written assignments
The minimum number of practical units to be undertaken for this award is 2, and the minimum nominal practicum hours must not be less than 120, regardless of the units selected.
Students may request alternative options for the elective units from, Elective Units Link (above). The decision of the Principal on the alternative option will be final.
Recognition Given To Graduate Certificate
Upon completion of this qualification learners should have acquired the necessary knowledge, attitudes and skills to serve effectively as the Senior Minister/Pastor, CEO of Mission Organisations Management positions in churches, parishes, para-church organisations, missionary organisations, and in religious education. Students will learn to apply biblical principles to their daily life, and learn how to explain and share those principles with others.