Local Church Bible College
Every church should have a Local Church Bible College Why? Because no greater responsibility has been given to the church than that of training and equipping men and women for ministry. After all Jesus himself said, “Go and Make disciples!” not converts, but disciples. There is no more certain way to grow your church and ease the pastoral burden, and at the same time find greater satisfaction in ministry than to train men and women – and release them into their calling in Christ.
For many pastors, the challenge of training others often seems to be too great. How can I train them? Where can I find a suitable program that is recognised? Who will do the teaching? Where do I get the time? What of the recognition and validity of the teaching?
Dealing with these issues and solving these problems is our ministry; it has been our mandate in the Lord since 1974 when Ken Chant responded to the need of teaching men and women in the local church the word of God and encourage the development of their ministry skills.
Vision Colleges are specialist Bible colleges. From the beginning, we have specialised on three fronts of ministry training,
- Distance education for individual students
- Establishing local church Bible colleges.
- Flexibility, tailored to the student's ministry need.
More about Local Church Bible College
When you choose to run a Colleges Resource Centre you are empowered to teach up to and including a Bachelors Completion.
Your students study under your supervision as you feel most suitable using the dynamic curriculum developed by Vision Colleges. This is YOUR bible college for your people in your church for your community.
At the same time, they also become distance education students of Vision Colleges this means that they are able to continue their studies by distance education if they have to move or can continue beyond the Bachelors to a Masters or a Doctorate level as distance education students with Vision Colleges.
Our purpose is to assist you in the task of “Equipping the saints for the work of the ministry, for building up the Body of Christ" (Ephesians 4:12) by providing the resources you and your team need.
- Students enjoy the benefit of local ministry team teaching them while they are a part of a worldwide network of over 150,000 students.
- Assists the local church in preparing leaders for service in their church and community.
- Develops the skills of the local church ministry team
- Provides the local church with legitimate, powerful, faith-building and empowering material that is accepted and recognised worldwide.
- Offers a variety of education programs from our network of colleges and universities to meet the specific needs of your church and community.
- We provide the curriculum, handle the student records, mark the papers and issue awards and provide international recognition and covering.
- The Church enjoys the benefits of a trained and equipped body capable of meeting the local ministry needs and reaching the world beyond.
- No longer must you send your men and women be sent away to be trained for ministry!
Local Church Bible College News Flash
Establishing a Bible College in your church can be filled with issues. How good is the teaching? What is the cost? How do I know it is right of our church? There are so many issues to deal with so we have developed a "Taster Program". Now you can test our ministry before committing to it. A Try Before You Buy option, download the brochure.
The taster program means that you will try the program by teaching one subject of your choice for one month and present it to your student body. It is a discounted as it is a trial subject and then after you have tried it you can choose to continue with us or not without any obligation. At worst you have taught and excellent subject, your people all have a study textbook and you have all been enriched. At best you will embark on a ministry training program that will change your church, your members and your community.
Vision International College Students
Note: Vision International College is accredited by ASQA throughout Australia to issues awards to the level of Advanced Diploma of Christian Ministry and Theology by distance education.
Students of Vision International College are encouraged to access the Vision Christian College Resource Centre for support and study resources. The Resource Centre program is not a formal part of the Vision International College program.
For more detailed information on starting Your Local Church Bible College Download the booklet for our Resource Center:
For more information, and to receive an information pack, inquire now.